Friday, March 11, 2005

Zooropa

Yes I'm referring to the title of U2's bastard album. The one most people refuse to acknowledge exists. Why you ask? Let me tell you. While driving around Ohio / Michigan / 4.7 miles into Kentucky over the last week and well into what will be next Wednesday I decided to take up a project. I decided to listen to every U2 song ever put on an album. From song one of Boy to song last of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (that's I Will Follow all the way to Yahweh.) If you doubt me, see for yourself http://www.u2.com/music/ I actually decided I will end with their bonus 12th track on that album Fast Cars, but who really cares right. Currently I just finished Zooropa. This leaves me with five small CDs left: Pop, All That You Can't Leave Behind, Disc 1 and 2 of their 2nd greatest hits CD, and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. I'm pretty pumped and it's neat to follow your all-time favorite band's journey without skipping a song. Of course there are lows, I mean A Cat in Dubh off Boy was a PAINFUL WAY to start this project, but there are unreal highs too. Not only do you hear the great songs you know and love, but you find the ones you had forgotten or maybe never knew about. You also get to hear the band grow, progress, and learn. I highly recommend this, unless of course your favorite band blows and has like two albums, then it's worthless. U2 is so sweet.

Second reason I'm blogging, Andrew is a tie stealer, is to let you know that I am currently in Detroit. Sorry Trey and Lillet if you still even read this rag, I am not in Brooklyn so I can't visit you guys :( But I wanted to let everyone know that in Detroit you can get your car washed for $2.00 FREAKING DOLLARS. It's unreal! No they don't steal your stereo at the end or take a chunk of the paint either, they just give you a car wash for two bucks. I'm astonished at home it's at least something gay like $8.50. I didn't know this phenomenon existed and I may wash my cars like 4 times before I return home. Alright, that's all for now kids. Keep your nose clean and don't steal your best friend's mojo by purchasing the same tie he already owns. It's a real jag off move.

No comments: