Friday, March 11, 2005

FrTomI ChaEos

I second Keith's CD idea. As you all know, one of my favorite tie stealing bands is 311. I have almost all of their albums, and today is also 3-11, so I'm going to talk about them. No one gives 311 the credit they deserve for having a sound unreplicated by any other mainstream band out there. U2 is awesome, but people bite their style (Nu Radicals, Travis, to name 2) and hence while they have their own style, you can still confuse them at first with Keane if you don't hear the song right. Now 311...there's a style you know. You hear that piccolo snare and catchy reggae dancehall funk beats and before you know it, your head is nodding and you're thinking to yourself "Man this 311 band rules something fierce!" But I highly enjoy listening to the progression of their music from 88-2005...truly radical, not newly radical like the NU Radicals.

But you out there in blogland (who at this point is Dmac...way to hang in their brother, and Seattle Rules! It's warm, I can see Mt. Ranier, the women are hot and trendy [if they're not the granola crunching tree hugging bra burning leg hair growing tie stealing nappy hair pejuli oil smelling type. There are a few of them around too, but you instantly know to stay away from them because they have flies nesting in their hairy armpits], and the seafood is so, so, so good. I ate sushi here last night and actually had to pause in the middle of my meal to comprehend the goodnes in my mouth!) should let us know which band's discology you could listen to uniterrupted!

I also realize that Keith may have steam coming out of his ears because in a way I kind of said that 311 was better than U2, in a tangential tie stealing way. But U2 is awesome.

Third Off! Tie stealing is ok. If you stole my Xavier hat, I would not care. I would even wear it when you did because I am confident in my ability to wear the hat. But then again, Jess gave me that hat, I didn't purchase it myself. So I guess there's not the same emotional bond there. Hmm

LAST OFF!!! I'm going to take a Keith perspective on an issue. Almonds are a HUGELY underrated snack food!! I got some yesterday from a kisok in the aeropuerto and have been munching on them ever since. I LOVE almonds and these are by far the best I've ever had. So good for you, and so filling, and so satisfyingly crunchy. Now if they could only cross breed gummi bears and almonds...

Ok Penisimuses, I'm going to go get in my hot tub. Watch out for the Haunting, too.

No comments: