Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Two Great Cigar Recs

Hey people here are two recommendations for cigars that you should smoke within the week. Now these bad boys are a little more on the expensive side, so if you value money and don't have much of it to value, like myself, you should seek out these cigars sparingly. However, they will stinking knock your socks off!

1) Diamond Crown Maduro (figurado): Pow party in your mouf! I can think of fewer cigars which have such a remarkably pleasing effect on the palate. If you're down for a full bodied smoke with notes of coffee, earthiness, vanilla extract, and burnt toast (yeah I'm that cigar snob, people) get a DCM. The wrapper is a dark espresso color yet the ash contrasts wonderfully as snowy white (no dwarves here, though) and firm. Take a few hours out of your day for this bad boy-don't rush through it. I'd also recommend a snifter of Chivas or The Glenlivet with your smoke too...but don't drink and drive!!! At $20 a stick this sucker is going t cost you, but if you don't go get one it's also going to cost you a quick slap to the face from the backside of my hand! Get right!

2) Padron 1964 Aniversary (torpedo): This cigar packs a punch and a half. Chaney told me that the thing was mellower (yeah that's a word) than it came off on the palate. It was definitely a kick in the mouth! The thing was so peppery and full bodied that I had to take it slooooooowly. This was one of those cigars that if you smoke after anything less than a fatty fat filet, you're going to wind up hugging a toilet somewhere. That's just plain embarassing, so get a steak to compliment your Padron. As far as drinks go, you go out and get yourself 750 ml's of Bulls Blood with that biftec. Bulls blood is a dark red wine which tastes oddly enough like it gushed forth from some angry bull's jugular. I know it sounds gross, but with a steak and a meaty cigar you'd be in heaven. The recipe then is Steak + Bulls Blood = Goodness! For about $50 bucks you could have a little piece of heaven (yeah, the cigar is $15, $10 for the sangre de toros, and $25 for a good steak at, say, Ruth's Chris). Step Correct!!!

Ok kids let me know how your experiences are with the cigars. I want a full report soon. And to my NY friends out there who I KNOW are reading this, you should try it too. I think the Four Seasons still allows smoking if you know the right people. Try it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to be a very manly man.

Gush!