Saturday, March 19, 2005

1 2 3

1) Too much Tony Campolo for you, Amanda. Only the most ardent hardheaded softies could take a discussion about the death penalty and turn it into a diatribe about how America ruins foreign nations. Give me a break.And yes it does inconvenience my march madness watching.

2) Electricians and even lawn care professionals die on a day to day basis. They're innocent workers but die anyway. That's life. Maybe, I've got a great idea. Maybe we can set up an appeals process, funded of course by your tax dollars and mine, where electricians can appeal the mandate to go up the ladder and fix power lines. God forbid people die in innocent situations. People die, you need to break eggs to make an omelette and yes I know that's callous. Speaking of callous, though, maybe we should talk to the Lundsford family who had their 7 year old daughter molested and killed to see if they think the death penalty is a ridiculous punishment. You go first. If a disproportionately low number of innocent people die in order to prevent depraved people like Jessica Lundsford's killer from roaming my neighborhood, I gonna let them die. It's civic duty.

3) MorOn...I have to point it out only because I've been called out too on crap like that. Haha.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://blog.jasminecola.com/pics/moran.jpg

Anonymous said...

1. I've never read anything by Tony Campola in my life...I don't even know who he is, but I will google him later if it would make you feel better. However, I have read Sidler's Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger and friend you can't argue with facts...and I've done plenty of research on this and several other related (believe it or not) topics. That's why I'm going to Oxford's Refugee Studies Centre (and yes, that's how they spell center...because their British) to get my masters in refugees and displaced peoples.
2. Innocent people do die every day in INNOCENT situations, but there is NOTHING innocent about children working for 10 cents a day in God-awful conditions...that's not civic duty...that's being ignorant. And furthermore in a global society that we now live in, civic duty must extend beyond national borders and into the global arena in order for it to be true civic duty. As for that poor girl's family...no I would not presume to walk up to them and tell them how to feel or think and neither should anyone else. Pain is powerful, more powerful than morals and logic...that's why we have law makers. But I do know that my family, me personally actually, went through something like that, and my family suffered greatly even though I wasn't murdered and they wanted the harshest punishment possible, but in the end all I could do was forgive and let the law do its job. Is it easy? no..but would I want to take another's life to have my vengence...to feel better...no, it would make me feel worse. However, walking up to a family who has just recently gone through something so painful as to lose and child and then to know the terrible way that she went...no...that's just cruel but an emotional argument isn't necessarily a sound one. Many a people have been killed on death row and the families still felt no peace...and they never will. Some things will haunt you forever. Life is not fair and it hurts, but I don't feel the need to make it worse.
3. HA HA HA!!! I misspelled moron! that's awesome! that's what I get for typing on this thing at work while trying to get work done! FANTASTIC! Thanks for calling me out on it. :)
4. I think in the end you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this subject...it doesn't hurt my feelings or ego any if it doesn't hurt yours... :) So, Did you get your concert tickets? It's been impossible to get them anywhere around here ( I live outside NY City in case you were wondering). CT sold out in like 5 minutes...sigh...

Anonymous said...

Ok...so Andrew just went back and read my post...I didn't use the word moron...or moran...that was some anonymous person...so there! :) Still like you though...no hard feelings. :)

Donkey Patrol said...

NOOOOOOOO I DIDN'T GET TICKETS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry...the tears are flowing...how do people get these tickets before us?! sigh....