Friday, March 04, 2005

Vices and Bisquick

Quick response to Andrew's question and then some random musings of the Friday type. I believe it's better to be over-competitive. I feel like when you're over-compassionate you do only hurt yourself (good insight musicruby), but I also feel you can't control that. I feel like I am someone who is over the top competitive, but there are still times I can control that in order not to piss people off. I REALLY WANT to do better than everyone on the test, but in order not to be a huge jag off (jerk for all of you not from Pittsburgh) about it, I don't brag about how I did better. So you can at times control your competitive drive, which makes it better in my mind. Plus it pushes you to do well, so that's key. There are my thoughts. Oh yeah, way to comment your thoughts Fowler ...

Random Friday Musings:

1.) Andrew and I made the cheeseburger pie / casserole recipe on the Bisquick box last night. Let me make a couple of subpoints:
a.) Add cayenne pepper to the beef when you're cooking it.
b.) Add beer to the pan when cooking, it's so good, plus you're like the man in the Miller High Life commercial.
c.) It takes a little longer than 25 minutes to cook ... or our oven sucks ... but it took us like 50 minutes. This is plenty of time to smoke a good pipe, as we did.
d.) Don't drink before dinner. It's a bad thing to do, you have NO FOOD in your stomach.
e.) Bisquick is PHENOMENAL. It takes a pile of beef and onions and makes a whole stinking casserole, and it's like 3 dollars for a whole box of it or something. It's so key. I love Bisquick.

2.) So yeah Bisquick is huge.

3.) Giant Eagle, local Western PA grocery store for those of you not of the area, had a sale on cereal this week. You can get 5 boxes of General Mills cereal for $10! Guess what cereals this kid got at the store yesterday: Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Multi-grain Cheerios, Rice Chex, Honey Nut Chex, Golden Grahams, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Oh man, so good.

4.) Think about cereal at 2 dollars a box, such a steal.

5.) The Steelers area about to lose my favorite player on their team in free agency. I may enter a slight stage of depression again for a week or two.

6.) March Madness is starting here soon, I love filling out brackets and the whole tournament time rules. If you want sports coverage www.youvegottalovesports.com is a good place for it.

7.) I played twenty-three hours and fifty-two hours of Ninja Gaiden in roughly a week. 1/7th of my week was lost on that game.

8.) The new 50 Cent CD is kind of good. Give it a shot if you're a rap fan.

9.) Download it illegally if you hate the fact he's ignorant and a flaming lib. (Everyone trying to nail me out there, too bad, I just got the legal download off iTunes woooooooo).

10.) It was 5 degrees this morning, and in an effort to make our gas bill lower, we put the heat on 60 last night. You try to guess how sweet it was to get out from under the covers last night. Yeah not good at all.

11.) It's Friday and I'm so stoked for the weekend. The weekend takes on a whole new meaning when you get a job. I find out about my LSAT scores on Monday so stay tuned for that ... if you care.

12.) I'm off to eat lunch. I'm going to eat some meat because animals were made to be eaten. I hate P.E.T.A. Animals don't need ethical treatment, they're food for goodness sake. By having to house them in nice areas before we slaughter them we drive up the price of meat. It's so gay.

13.) In the Andrew way, I leave a question if you've read this far. Would you rather, if you had to pick one, be blind or deaf? Why do you choose the one you do? Let me know. Talk stuff to it.

No comments: