Friday, February 25, 2005

Doo Doo Brown

I just got back from traveling to New Jersey and I realized several things while driving:

1.) My life may not be interesting for me to blog every single day. That's how you end up getting innane drivel from me like what I ate for Lunch. I just don't have enough insightful stuff to say that often.

2.) With the same conviction that I root for the Steelers and the same conviction that I believe in Jesus and the same passion I think the French government is worthless I now hold to the fact that I will NEVER EVER EVER live in New Jersey. What a depressed, ugly, boring, and confusingly lame state. I can't stand the whole place, maybe the worst state ever. Cleveland, Ohio sucks, and New Jersey is like one big Cleveland.

3.) Do you want to know why society is falling apart? No, it's not because of homosexuals (which I still haven't blogged about yet), or ESPN showing arm wrestling the other night, or even the fact that roughly something like 43% of America voted for John Kerry (TREATED!!!!) Society is falling apart thanks to songs like Doo Doo Brown from 2 Live Crew. Thanks to Andrew for introducing me to this song. It seems like their goal may have been to make the most horrible song possible in terms of words and morals ... and oh yeah, they succeeded.

4.) The show on MTV My Sweet 16 Party may be the other reason America is falling apart. Nothing like rich snotty parents throwing their kids roughly half million to million dollar SWEET 16 PARTIES FOR GOODNESS SAKE! These kids blatantly say, "I just want people to know who I am and to be popular." Way to put this kid on TV for goodness sake. They might as well say, "Yeah I'm a complete and total snot and I think it's totally cool for my parents to buy me popularity through a huge dance party where I kick out the 'inferior' kids who are A FLAMING YEAR YOUNGER THAN ME and I serve alcohol and have a body guard to keep kids wee wees off of me since Dad thinks I can't handle it and he's most likely right since he spoils me with money that he thinks is a good switch for love." Ok that's a bit absurd but the show really highlights some of the basic low lights of humanity and makes me ill.

5.) John Mayer blows. The song Daughters is a friggin joke.

6.) Eric Howard welcome to our blog and thanks for the first comment. Howard references a sports website in his comment that some of my friends recently started. People who graduated from Grove City and I have started a site, http://www.youvegottalovesports.com It's an actual website not a blog. We link some headlines from yahoo sports page and each write roughly two articles a week. We're trying to take down ESPN since they started showing crap that's not sports like: Dale Earnhardt made for TV movies, Poker dramas, freaking arm wrestling, far too much X-Games, things like Cold Pizza. We're getting back to sports hopefully with some humor and pop culture references along the way. It's definitely opinionated sports coverage. We just started it this week, so give it some time and check it out.

7.) Driving through the mountains in roughly 10 inches of snow is a bad thing.

8.) Truck drivers have a general disregard for life. Ok I'm painting in broad brush strokes again, I'm very guilty of this. But after being stuck in roughly 10 miles of traffic due to accidents on Interstate 80, the truck drive behind me informed me the reason we were stopped was, "There was a Fed Ex truck that flipped over and a couple of guys died. That's what's holding us up is they have to clean it all up." I was apalled, literally almost physically ill.

9.) Roy Rogers fast food sucks. If you've ever had it you know what I mean.

No comments: