Thursday, February 10, 2005

Calvin and Hobbes

I disagree with Andrew's logic. I think he just attributed a thing to God because it's good. Nowhere in Genesis does it say, "On the 10th day God created the electoral college. After that he appointed a president of the land via this electoral system." I think Andrew is just saying that democracy is of God because it's a good thing. Why then does he not think communism is of God ... because it's bad? You can't just go around attributing things that are good to God. I tend to be less of a hard-line determinist type person than Andrew. I think man has free will and can come up with the construct of government. Since man came up with this construct, it is inevitably flawed (i.e. democratic party ... just kidding). It's the best that we have to work with at this point, but obviously not the best.

Sorry Drew, but I don't think the same way. I guess that's the point of a web blog. I don't believe we own our own salvation or anything, but I believe that we can do other things, that are flawed, but lasting, in this life. Just a thought, no real humor in this post, let me know your thoughts.

No comments: