Monday, February 07, 2005

Depression

So this is the first time I've blogged in quite some time, and I can't promise that I'll be regular with the blogging either. I'm still fairly depressed from the Steeler game. I watched the Super Bowl last night and couldn't help but think, "The Steelers beat both these team this year." Oh well, I guess sports involves putting it together at the right time as well. On the good news front I went from the basic stage of depression to stage one. The difference with this stage is that I know longer constantly avoid sports or thinking about sports. I have begun to function in that realm of life with some sense of normality. The first stage of depression usually lasts another two weeks. It tends to take me a good month to recover if the Steelers lose in the playoff. The next stage enables me to be interested in the Steelers again. It's like trusting a person after they deeply hurt you. If your girlfriend calls you a fat pig, slaps you in the face, rips your heart out, and darkens your soul - It's going to take some time to trust again and invest. This is what the Steelers have done to me, but in another two weeks I'll go bounding back to our abusive relationship and begin to think who they're going to pick in the draft.

So on a more positive note; Andrew is right, we did move up to Grove City. Our place is a bit of a dump, but as we add personal touches to it it has become much nicer. Andrew is right, we do own a hookah and smoking apple flavored stuff is PHENOMENAL! Onto things I think I think:

1.) My sister and I are going to see U2 in Chicago May 7th. It's now three months until that day, join the countdown with me. I've never been to Chicago and I FRICKIN' LOVE U2. I will be so stoked that week.

2.) Bar-B-Que Fritos need to begin being sold in a bigger bag. They're a great snack food, but only come in that personal sized like kind of party bag. What the heck, I can buy Fritos in a bag large enough to clog my heart, but I can only get a mini-bag of their better version of snack food?!?

3.) Video games are so cool. I don't see how girls can't play them for hours on end.

4.) Owning your own apartment, although apparently sweet, kind of blows. I really have ZERO desire to cook and you have to buy all kinds of gay stuff.

5.) Monday nights at Elephant and Castle anyone? $2 bottle night is back.

6.) LSATs are this Saturday ... I'm kind of screwed.

I'm out you homos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uscu2 your this post makes a great read. In my http://serendipitysuccess.blogspot.com/2005/11/update-to-steelers-climb-to-top-of-afc.html football and its dynamic ability to create passion in individuals drives what blogging is all about. Other subject matter in your this post blog simply adds to the flavor of our blogging community. Keep up your great prose and themes for it creates great reading for all of us. Other sports fans will always move us to different plateaus in life. Thanks.