Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Cynicism abounds ...

Wow ... Andrew ... way to destroy the next 50 years of my life in a few swift key strokes. Here's the sad part, I typically on a daily basis think like he does. I tell myself, there's no way I'll ever make a lasting impact or ever contribute something positive and worthwhile to society. I mean I'm not going to ever make America anything sweeter than company rooted in free market ideas, Christian values, and republican. I'm never going to be known as Ronald Reagan who did great things for America and was a huge part of the Berlin wall falling. I know that I'm not going to be creating any stinking light bulbs. There has to be something though, something I can do to make an impact and shape the world. I can't let this cynicism overtake me, or I will just stay here and be an admissions counselor for the rest of my life. What's the purpose of living if men don't strive to do great things?

I don't know if this is unreasonable of me to desire or what. I don't even know if there is anyway I can get on the life track to do great things. I guess I'm just destined to be a fish in a bowl impacting only my little circle of influence with base comments, pieces of humor, and little to no insight. I just feel like as it is now, I can't live the rest of my life. I feel as though I'm influencing people, but only on a small level. Our entire lives people tell us we will do great things and we can do anything we want to do. Is this a lie?

Anyway, I'm going to try to get back into the tradition of sharing good news with you who read our blog. As of now I know this is Joel and Jeff Fowler. Seriously, mad props to Fowler for commenting, even if it's about his pathetic life as a married person and "the obvious" part of being married. Way to chime and Fowler, and keep enjoying being married and all the perks. Come out to Pittsburgh, I know it's an economically depressed city, but there are tons of jobs, I promise ... sort of ... I have no good news today, but I'll start again soon.

Things I think I know:

1.) We're getting digital cable so we can get more sweet channels. We're going to get the boomerang channel, it's the one with all the old cartoons like Flinstones, GI Joe, and Super Friends. It's so sweet.

2.) We cooked last night, well Jordan did. Cooking is going to suck and I'm going to lose roughly 40 pounds I bet.

3.) U2 is such a sweet band. I am going to see them in 87 days. Not that I'm counting, but I seriously can't wait.

4.) The LSATs are this Saturday that I'm taking and I don't think I'm ready for them. Oh well not much I can do now is there.

5.) Nelly is pretty sweet.

6.) Any music out there you guys think I should try and listen too? Please no death metal or country. Thanks for the input.

I'm out.

No comments: