Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Andrew talks about MTV...again

Ok this is serious business,

Alright since this is a blog and since you are at the mercy of my opinion, I foist one on you now! If any of you know me then you know that over the past year, especially in this election year, I have become increasingly hostile towards MTV. Music Television should be by nature a network to promoting music...on television. When a network 'dedicated' to the music entertainment arts steps outside its boundaries and becomes a mouthpiece for the radical Liberal agenda in this country, then the network ceases to represent its namesake. Can you imagine watching the Food network and them telling you how to repair your truck? Or would you watch CNN if they decided to take hours out of their programming and advertising to play music videos and promote the latest record by Obie Trice? That would be unacceptable and stupid but yet for MTV, the social conscience of the ignorant generation, it's perfectly wont. Makes no sense.

If any of you talked to me over the fall you knew about my MTV Thesis. I hate MTV and had to write about it. MTV's blatant involvement in the failed attempt to swing youngsters over to the Democratic party was preposterous! Vote or Die? Vote for Change? Choose or Lose? What the crap does all of that mean?? I just can't stand how MTV tries to inundate the youth of America with fabricated ideals under the guise of social justice, and then spoon feed them to kids on programs like The Real World, Choose or Lose campaigns, and Fight for your Rights shows. Because I hate MTV so much (I'm not going to lie though, I do enjoy Pimp my Ride) I'm going to post blogs whenever I get really pissed at the network. I'll keep a running tally of my blogs, your comments, and then eventually write a paper so full of knowledge and vitriol for the horrible network, they will have no choice but to shut MTV down. It's a pipedream I know, but don't take away my hope! MTV sucks.

No comments: