Friday, December 17, 2004

Andrew does stuff to it...

Alright,
Keith and I are here to talk about serious stuff. I can already foresee an important issue on the horizon which will be a bone of contention for years to come (or however long we can fight off apathy and keep this blog alive). Keith is from Pittsburgh. I am not, thank the Lord. Keith thinks yinzers are awesome. I do not! When I think of yinzer, this is what I think of: some loudmouthed dude in a steel-worker's union who hates the Man, says ignorant things that have no meaning whatsoever (dahntahn, yinz, 'n at, etc.), and comes to epitomize what can be summed up as a depressed industrial community past its Glory Days.
I typically picture yinzers as being two dimensional people who drink IC Light and swear Donny Iris really is the king of cool. Why do I harp on this issue so much? Well, I feel my friend Keith is not a yinzer (see, look at this kid's heart!). Yinzers are dumb, but Keith is pretty cool. Yinzers are, in my mind, a drag on the intellectual culture that Pittsburgh could really capitalize on and cultivate. So my appeal to Keith is to join me in looking down on yinzers with disdain, for he is not amongst their ranks! I've also got another friend who thinks Keith is sweet... Anne Coulter!


No comments: