Sunday, April 24, 2005

Scrolling Down ...

Scrolling down long comment chains suck. A lot of commenting happened while I was out of town. A few brief, I'll try I promise, comments. I hate to keep isolating Anon, but you just keep flying by with untrue statements.

1.) You agree with Coulter that Timothy McVeigh should have instead blown up The New York Times building because they publish facts with which you don't agree. Nice! I said two things: The Times sucks. I don't care that they publish things I don't agree with. I care when they ignore stories that are true, and reported by everyone but them, but since they are liberal refuse too. News is news - report it. Two you're taking her quotes out of context. When this is done it makes things look worse. Nice try.

2.) I don't want all Throckmortons teaching. I never had him. But I don't want professors that say we deserved to die in 9-11. There's a place for people like that, in a cave with Osama. How about a little support for our nation? Is that too hard to ask from him? Didn't think so.

3.) Dems ain't perfect either but at least they are based in Reality. Facts are Kryptonite to Republicans, I understand that. I'm curious, though: what do you consider credible news sources? Are they faith-based? Facts are Kryptonite ... haha. That's rich. Like when Barbara Boxer was confronted with questions about specific facts that she had done just what Delay is being accused of. Remember that? She ignores the question and points the finger at Delay. That my friend is ignoring facts. And Dems rule at it. And not all credible news sources must be faith based. I go by - CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Us News and World Report, and various local newspapers. I don't watch Christian TV - it's awful, and I don't subscribe to Christian publications. You can now get off me.

4.) It's also a question of scale -- and btw, that's 32.5 k a year for Boxer's son, which is, well, probably not overpaying -- and what the offspring in question did for the dough. Nothing unethical as long as it's on a smaller scale or you can explain it away. Notice a theme here anon? Both sides make mistakes. The Democrats, since a lot exist in media, get a free pass. No one asks the hard follow up of The Box when she fails to answer. Way to explain away her mistake as a small scale one. She needs to own up as well.

5.) Andrew explained that we do follow Title IX. I told you it's not about the gender issue, it's about not taking money from the government. We have plenty of girls sports, and as you see more than men. We're not some community that still has women churning butter alright? Blam in ya' face.

6.) Some girl who had a bad experience there with some dudes and Jesus in general. This is the most disgusting statement at all. That you could coldly minimize a tragedy like that and insinuate that it must be the woman's fault is lower than low. The bold was my previous statement. You misconstrued it. I was merely referring to something on a simple level. Like a girlfriend who'd been dumped by her boyfriend and went into a religious funk after that when her friends in Campus Crusade couldn't help her out of it. In no way was I referring to anything more traumatic. I've had some of those traumatic issues occur within my own life and family and wouldn't joke about them. But thanks for assuming the worst of me.

You see Anon - Amanda has been right all along, and Andrew and I because we're never wrong. Both sides mess up. In the end I just believe that at least Republicans have a better plan to fix America. So therefore I hope I can elect people in who not only will be a good example (which doesn't always happen) and people who will enact that plan. Everyone abuses power, everyone falls short, everyone has issues. I just feel that in the past, and recently, Republicans have a better plan, work within their means, and aren't out of touch with the majority of America. You can go ahead and run with some comment blasting me on homosexuality and abortion there, feel free. But don't just come back making hate filled statements about how we suck more than you and Grove City blows. It's doing something right that you researched it or spent time there. We're slowly turning you to the light my friend. I'm off to bed because it's wicked late and church comes early - yeah that's a faith based news source for those of you keeping score at home.

4 comments:

Keith said...

Yes I'm the first to comment on my own blog. I think it's kind of funny that the ad that was there at first was help for ulcers and wounds. No wonder people tell me I stress out too much ...

Anonymous said...

I just feel that in the past, and recently, Republicans have a better plan

What plan?

work within their means

Bush has taken us from a surplus to a huge deficit. How do you explain this contradiction?

and aren't out of touch with the majority of America.

Explain this. How is this true?

Donkey Patrol said...

"and aren't out of touch with the majority of America.

Explain this. How is this true?"

Anon's quote in reference to Keith's statement. I am guessing that this statement has to be bait for some future diatribe because it's so easy to refute. But I live dangerously, so I'm taking the bait.

Who elected GW to office? The majority of America.

Who disagrees with homosexual unions and marriages? The majority of America.

Who votes Republican on other non presidential issues? The majority of America.

Who has elected more senators and congressmen/women to hold Republican seats? The majority of America.

Who thinks we're the best nation in the World? The majority of America, Democrats excluded (clearly incendiary for a reason).

The Republican party resonates with the backbone of America!! Resonates like a gong!

Anonymous said...

Like a gong with a crack in it.