Friday, April 08, 2005

Bad Blogger

I haven't blogged since Monday. Am I the only one who feels slightly raunchy when I use blog as a verb? I don't know why, but some part of me feels dirty for saying, "I haven't blogged in a while." I need to get over it. I'm just going to be brief, because I realize that my blogs are too long. I also promised that I wouldn't just ramble and blog things of little importance, so why waste your time and mine.

I just got back from the armpit of America that is West Virginia. Wheeling is so sad. Don't tell me it has the dog track and so therefore it's sweet. Most of those kids aren't going to get out of that town, will settle in it, and never know the potential each and every one of them has. It makes me want to go light the whole town on fire. If you turn on your news and hear the anchorman ... or woman ... say something like, "In what can only be considered an act of terrorism the whole town of Wheeling, WV went up in flames today. The police have no leads, but it started at the dog track." I ask you do disavow all knowledge of this blog and never mention it to anyone.

Here's my one question for the day. It kind of takes on two forms. Form one - is it bad to be a semi-heartless person? Form two - is it bad to care too much? The reason I ask is that as you may know Andrew and I work in an admissions office at Grove City College. After getting attached to some of the kids I met and interviewed it was hard for me when they didn't get in or didn't get offered financial aid or something like that. You care about them and want to see them do well, at least some of them. So when it kind of sucked, I tried to not get emotionally attached at all. A kid contacts me upset now and I don't really care as much, because I didn't let myself think, "This kid is so sweet I hope he gets in ... or she ..." So now I'm a semi-heartless person. I took a phone call today though from a girl who didn't get some scholarship that we offer for merit, and darn it, I felt sorry for her. I don't even know her, someone else interviewed her, but for a second I felt sad. I guess I don't know which is worse, to be legitimately bummed for her (which makes me a lame lame sap who cares too much) or to not give a crap and be a heartless jag off. Give me your opinion. For those ladies out there who read our blog ... I think only Amanda man we suck in the ladies department maybe cause I'm sexist and always refer to men but I threw you anchorwoman today duh .... anway, if you're a woman who reads our blog, how do you honestly feel about dudes that are sappy messes? Do you like that? Do you long for rugged men that want to go kill stuff and hit it with sticks? Let me know. Alright I'm off to go either smoke a killer cigar or play video games

The life of a guy ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a cigar is not a cigar.

Anonymous said...

I really didn't understand that last comment...but anyways...as the resident female commentor on this site (come on heidi! I know you read...just say SOMETHING!!!) first I want to say that it's important to never squash your feelings...also remember that things actually do happen for a reason (as cliche as it is...it's true. example: I got a free ride from Penn State University, came to Nyack instead by some various situations, am leaving with $41,000 in loans, but have gained way more...LOOONG story), and finally, as a woman, I prefer somewhere in between those two extremes...and would NEVER give 2 seconds to anyone who was either extreme. It's important to be in touch with your emotions and be sensitive, but it can't dictate your life...and damn it! BE A MAN! But at the same time...no woman, if she was honest and didn't have some strange father issues...wants a man who is strong and she knows will be able to care for her...feminists too...they just can't admit it. So killing things with sticks..no....sobbing, semi-feminine mess...no. BALANCE. It's nice to know you have a heart Keith...was beginning to wonder. he he he ;)

Donkey Patrol said...

Landmark...you mean, THE SHARK?! Of course I've been there and gotten the dirt on the floor between my toes. What a classy establishment, I love it!!