Monday, January 30, 2006

Top 100 Installment C

So it's time for my last installment of Top 100 songs. Just a friendly reminder about some of the criteria I used to pick the songs. The criteria used are if you get 100 songs to listen to for the rest of your life which songs do you pick? I mean mostly all of U2's music would beat Like My Style by 50 Cent, but I also want some rap on the list and by default this is one of my favorite rap songs so it makes the list. I need a little bit of different genres. Secondly the list couldn't have too many from one band. This removes favorite band bias. Again I LOVE U2, but I'd get tired of it if 15 of their songs I listened to for the rest of my life. This adds variety and makes you think hard about your favorite band, as well as lesser known songs. Alright here we go.

33.) I Love Rock n Roll - Joan Jett
32.) Shake Ya' Tailfeather - Nelly, Murphy Lee, and P. Diddy
31.) Crazy Game of Poker - OAR
30.) Can't Stop Loving You - Phil Collins
29.) Amphetamine - Everclear
28.) One Day More - Les Miserables
27.) American Pie - Don Maclean
26.) One - U2
25.) Betterman - Pearl Jam
24.) Basketcase - Green Day
23.) Let it Be - The Beatles
22.) Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
21.) Lithium - Nirvana
20.) Yellow - Coldplay
19.) Because The Night - 10,000 Maniacs
18.) Can't Nobody Hold Me Down - Mase
17.) Leaving Town - Dexter Freebish
16.) Fortunate Son - CCR
15.) Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum
14.) Want You Back - Jackson 5
13.) Come on Eileen - Dexy and the Midnight Runners
12.) Sympathy For The Devil - Rolling Stones
11.) All Over You - Live
10.) Slide - Goo Goo Dolls
9.) I Am a Rock - Simon and Garfunkel
8.) Hotel California - The Eagles
7.) Hook - Blues Traveler
6.) Glycerine - Bush
5.) Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis
4.) Walk On - U2
3.) In My Place - Coldplay
2.) Mayonaise - Smashing Pumpkins
1.) Bad - U2

Let the crying begin!

No comments: