Thursday, June 29, 2006

half an hour until lunch!

Hello all.

This post is to sate the hunger of those in blog land who long for an update. Last time we chatted I told you that I was going to make a year-long-blog. This is something I'm really excited about, because good ideas and the impetus to act on them don't usually go hand in hand for Andrew. After receiving tons of feedback on the what this year-long-blog should be about (read: not a one person gave me feedback save for Trey ) I've decided that I'm going to explore a topic both indigienous to Northwestern North Carolina but universally entertaining as well.

Next year I'm going to a large state school which some of you are familiar with thanks to Patrice O'Neal. It's called Appalachian State University and yes, for your information, it is hot hot hot!! ASU is going to be very different from my alma mater, Grove City College. For one, ASU is larger. For two it's more diverse (oops, I didn't say that). For three people are ALLOWED to get drunk! Since people are allowed to drink at ASU, as a socially responsible scholastic entity ASU provides a service to shuttle students around from bar to bar. Now granted this form of "public transportation" is most likely intended to be used by students so that they can save money on gas, and not have to worry about parking their vehicle on campus. The reality though, as any able bodied and hardy livered college student will tell you, is that "college town public transportation"="drunk bus"!! Enter, the APPALCART !!!

The APPALcart of the 21st century isn't the applewagon of days gone by, though I'm sure it still manages to attract a number of rotten cores. From the innards of the APPALcart, I will bring you a weekly set of fantastical stories! This documentary of sorts will last for (you guessed it) one whole year!! This year long canticle will document weekend after weekend of "Stories from the APPALcart"! There will be romance! There will be comedy! There will be tragedy! And hopefully there will be a few socially disastrous debacles which my nimble pen will transform into APPALcart lore. Personally, I could not be more excited to see what shenanigans unravel in the APPALcart!! But come hell or high water (or come spells from fire water!) I will endeavor to post a blog about my experiences as a passerby on the APPALcart. I hope it's entertainig, and I hope that I get to meet some cool people. I also hope that I can chuck this inane formatlity of holding in the SHIFT key every time I want to write APPALcart.

So that's going to be my year-long-blog ('ylb') next year ('ny'). On a lesser note, I'm probably not going to blog for a while. Whereas Grove City gives me a cool computer to use whilst I'm employed at the College, they take it from me when I leave. Thanks alma mater. And it turns out that my last day of work at Grove City College is tomorrow. As of late, though, I've been blogging too much-it's time for Keith to take over and hoe this row for a while. If you get really bored and absolutely HAVE to read an article by Andrew you can scan through some of our archives and find some old gems to sink your teeth into. Since I probably won't see you all for a number of weeks, have a splendid summer and keep your eyes peeled for "Stories from the APPALcart!"

3 comments:

Joel Settecase said...

Come spells of firewater! Hilarioso! Speaking of pseudo-Mexican-sounding words, check out my newest article. It's NAFTAstic! See you on the Dreezy Beezy (Drunk Bus for the uninitiated)

GMack said...

sweet honeysuckle white meat. The Applcart sounds like a fun time had for all.

GMack said...

new post already!