Tuesday, December 13, 2005

mi espanol es muy malo!!!

ANOTHER BLOG IN THE SAME DAY!!!!??? GET OUT!!

Author's Note: Seriously people I'm on fire. I know that by the time you get halfway through this gem of internet pedantry, you're going to want to light your head on fire. But bear with me, this will be fun.

Many of you know I'm a native of Miami, Florida (hush Carly, I am still a native ok??). Many of you may also know that when people say the word 'Miami', it is synonymous with 'Cuba'. Lots of people speakeh the spanish down there, but I never learnt the language well enough. SO! In an effort to better myself, I'm trying to improve my Spanish skills by reading articles from El Nuevo Herald . Below, you will find part of an article that I myself transcribed from Spanish into English. Keep in mind...I have no idea what I'm doing.

An interpretation of an article from the Dec. 13 edition of El Nuevo Herald:

"Miss Island, Unnur Birna Vihjalmsdottir (that's actually her name), a brown haired gal of 21 years who studies anthropology was crowned yesterday as the most beautiful girl in the world on the Chinese island of Hainan, in the sunrises of the representatives of Mexico and Puerto Rico, that won first and second finalists.

The New Queen of the world ball received the crown of hands of the Peruvian Maria Julia Mantilla Garcia, who won the certificated in the 2004.

The triumphant of this edition, who rang with such force and during the summer worked with police in an airport, completed a family dream already by her mother, Unnur Steinsson, who won in the 5th finalist 22 years ago, in 1983.

...

'It's Marvellous, so marvellous! An incredible night. I didn't think I'd win, it's a grand surprise' declared the islander with a brown hair and 1.73 meters in height! The new queen is impassioned of dance and piano and considers that in the life of every person is the result of what it is"


That's about all I got for your right now. I promise that I'll try to read more Spanish articles and tell you all about them in broken Spanish. But until then, buene suerte leyendo mis bloggos en espanol!! MUUWAHAHAH!

2 comments:

Joel Settecase said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joel Settecase said...

MY HEAD IS ON FIRE!!!

Dear You Guys,
It has been a little while since I checked out this thing, mostly because my internet decided to stop working. So here are the news updates I have for you, listed in bullet point form:

- The blog looks great

- Andrew, I just gave you another multicultural treating on Facebook

- I have just completed my Christmas series on "You Better Believe It" (that's my blog)

www.settecase.blogspot.com