Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's the little things that count

I know everyone has heard this phrase at some point in their life. But honestly little things that you do for people, or that people do for you can make a big impact on how your day goes. Take today for example. I've been awake for roughly an hour and 15 minutes as of right now (8:15AM). For most of that one hour and 15 minutes, I've been thinking about how great it would be to go back to bed. But when push comes to shove, I can't go back to bed because I'm an adult now, and I'm responsible and blah blah etc. However one great alternative to going back to bed is having a nice, warm cup of coffee.

Mmmmmmm coffee.





When I get to work every morning, I love to throw a pot of coffee on for the office. Usually only Courtney and Katherine, and maybe Becca have a cup of coffee...so that means that there's more for me!! Anyway coming to work and making coffee isn't too much of a hassle and all told it usually takes only about 2 minutes to get that pot o' joe started. But today, upon entering the office, Courtney comes bounding out (ok that's a lie, if there's anyone who 'bounds' less than I do in the morning...it's Courtney) of her office with a freshly brewed pot of Starbucks (TM) coffee that she brought from her own house! It may seem like already having a pot of fresh coffee at the office when you walk in (as opposed to having a fresh pot 10 minutes after you walk in) isn't that big of a deal. But because of how I was dragging this morning, the already brewed coffee was a godsend.

It's not like Courtney did anything extreme or over the top, but opening the office door and seeing that shiny Starbucks (TM) pot o' goodness definitely made my morning a little brighter. You should go try make someone's day a little brighter, people. Just do it with the little things.

No comments: