Thursday, March 16, 2006

Let's get these wheels moving

Alright folks,

First and foremost I have to say that this whole new layout that you all see...that's all Keith. He did all of this stuff. I just kind of checked up on our blog this morning and was suprised to see that it looked, how shall I say it, legitimate. It may even be legitimate enough that you read what even I have to post about.

But seriously folks let's get cranking here. I know you've been waiting with bated breath to see if Keith and Andrew can actually pull off a thoughtful series of postings. I'm here to assure you that we can. As Keith mentioned earlier, I'm going to be trying my darndest to tear apart a long-standing, politically conscious non-profit organization in the United States of America. And I bet that you've guessed that I've got my crosshairs set on the proverbial soft underbelly of the non-partisan farce known to you and I as Rock the Vote . Before I completely destroy and embarass the Rock the Vote organization, let me first start off by telling you why on earth this idea came into my head at this point in time.

In the presidential election of 2004, I took up a beef with Sean "P-Diddy" (or "Puffy" or whatever) and his "non-partisan" Vote or Die campaign. Go ahead and check the website...it's completely inactive, of course. Not only was the campaign slogan mind-numbingly preposterous, the entire organization was predicated upon promoting awareness about how American youth can "change the course of this country" and "make a change now" and on and on and on (read: vote for John Kerry). If you're going to promote making a "change" in an election year, and you're an official sponsor of the Democratic Party (like MoveOnPAC.org) then that's fine...I think you have the right to speak your peace freely. But when you are organized by confessing Democrats, align your campaign stategy to suit a Democratic/leftist agenda, and encouage an implicit changing of the Republican guard, then you should in no way try to pass yourself off as non-partisan. It's disingenuous, it's farcical, and it's a lie. Fancy Democrats lying about something.

The same duplicity which draws my ire with "Vote or Die" also makes me seethe when I read about "Rock the Vote". RTV is a Democratic vote-generating machine...and anyone with half a brain knows it. I am one who values integrity in politics. Regardless of my political stance, I'm going to use my voice to support whoever has the most character, the most inegrity, and the most up-frontedness with their political aims. Anything less, to me, is unacceptable. Groups like Rock the Vote, with their feigned nonpartisan patina over a heart gushing leftist blood make me sick. That's what initially put a fire under my can to blog about the incongruencies of their organizational philosophy. And the fact that RTV is on the ropes financially and in the eyes of their supporters only further fuels my desire to kick this group while they are down. Yeah I said it...I'm kicking them while they are down.

In exposing the inherent liberal bias of the RTV camp I hope to make you incredibly angry. I hope that in exposing the insidious nature of their "nonpartisan" supporters/partners you feel outraged. I hope that when you see how a bunch of incompetent 20-something's managed to put a (at times) "successful" non-profit organization on the brink of financial collapse you are full of contempt. But most of all...I hope that through all of this blogging nonsense you see how impressionable American youth are these days. They'll accept anything that Jake Gyllenhall tells them to. They'll put fake tattoos on their face because Sam Jackson tells them that to. And what's worst...they will attempt to sway the path of this country because some myopic idealist tries to beguile them into voting for something that they don't even fully understand. Knowledge is power, my friends, and knowledge forged in integrity and truthfulness is a weapon powerful enough to stem the tide of liberal sheep-clothing-masquerades. Over the next week you're going to see indignant, fired up Andrew do what he does best...fight back. This time, it's against ROCK THE VOTE! Let's shut 'em down! Go!!

1 comment:

James said...

let's take over RTV. we run GCC, we can can run RTV.