Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Keith is back ... with a brand new edition

So my last post happened somewhere around October 12th. I think that's the date, but frankly I'm a little lazy to open up my own blog and look. Approximately two months have flown by in the life of Keith and Andrew and I know you're all wondering the same thing, "What the crap is going on with those clowns?!?!" My utmost apologies to our loyal readers who had literally no idea if I was dead or alive. Andrew carried the blog up until today. I'm back folks.

So how exactly has Keith spent the last two months of his life? Get ready to be jealous fools as I'm about to share in a helpful outline format. I save the best effort for our readers. My interview writeups for my job don't even get this much attention ... ok that's false, but you felt good for a second didn't you.

1.) I spent the last two months driving up and down Interstate-79 North and South, North and South. Back and forth. That's it ................... of course that's not it. I was recruiting for the college. They switched me this year to Western PA. So while Andrew was off traipsing around in New York I was driving anywhere from the crappy Souf Hills to the furthest, coldest, and darkest regiions of Erie, PA. It was not horrible, but fairly sucky. I did get to know all the nooks and crannies of the state that I had previously not known despite growing up here.

2.) Looking for American flags and not just because they're sweet although they are. Anyone who visits Public and Christian schools for a living often knows that the American Flag marks the front entrance and thus your destination as you have to visit there to get your hall pass to visit the guidance office. I've seen many American flags, but none that but none that looked like this one. It's cracked out

3.) Compiling a list of my top 100 songs. My good friend Josh and I have been working over the last two months of e-mailing one another our favorite songs back in forth. She started the list and sent me 20, and he can't add until I send him my next installment. And we let it sit in our inbox and simmer for a while so we don't forget any songs. I'm at 90 approximately. So you can look forward to my unveiling of number one here on the blog - that's web log for those of you keeping score at home - soon. It just might be by ...

4.) U2 as I saw them in concert in Pittsburgh. Freaking ... sweet ... amazing ... astounding ... ok that's enough to describe it. It was a great show. Longer than any other U2 show I've seen and had a lot of improvisation and rare songs to hear live. It was so sweet to see Bono and I had seats that were like 15 rows back. I could have spit on Bono. I think it was the highlight of my fall.

5.) Saw the Grand Canyon and boy is it grand. Slightly gay sentence, that's my bad, you're a little rusty after two months away. You have to use a gay list blog to get back in the swing of things. Grand Canyon - I'm sure you think it's sweet right? Well imagine it, and then think three times as sweet. I think I was moved, and I'm a bit of a cold person if you know what I mean. Grand Canyon = slamtastic.

6.) Saw a Phoenix Suns NBA game 10 rows back in $120 tickets that I got for basically free from some people before the game. I was right on the free throw line. Why you ask? Cause I'm the luckiest SOB. I stumbled upon guys getting rid of tickets and got them for cheap. It was wicked sweet. After the game I got to meet Kevin Harlan, easily my favorite sports announcer. Killer sweet. Then I drove back to my hotel in my Chrysler Sebring since I was upgraded for free. Basically points four and five go to illustrate that my trip to Arizona was sweet and I had tons of luck.

7.) Saw Washington DC and the new WWII memorial. Everyone should check it out. It's awesome. Very sobering, beautiful, and moving.

8.) Minor point but saw Rent and Walk the Line. Walk the Line = good acting but who cares about Johnny Cash. Rent = awesome music, great choreography, good movie but who cares about the immoral lives of horrible people. Not this kid. It's a good movie/musical though. You really should go see it.

Well kids that's all for now. But you can expect to see me on the blog here a little more often. In the future I hope to educate you all on why Starbucks blows, Best Buy rules, the NFL is the king of sports. Until then though leave a comment and let me know what the heck you're up to. I've been traveling so much I haven't kept up with most of y'inz ... woops I picked that one up in the South Hills.

2 comments:

Donkey Patrol said...

See, I think the song "Never Scared" by Bone Crusher et al is in my top 10 most favorite songs ever! It's hard, driving beats keep your head nodding, your pulse pounding, and your confidence level high. You know that if you were ever in a fight you would probably get hit in the face and cry like a baby in front of all your friends, but when you listen to "Never Scared" you feel tough as nails. It's the illusion ("Illusions, Michael!") of toughness that I appreciate about "Never Scared". Mark it dude.

James said...

I think anything that Ashlee Simpson does should be on the list.