Saturday, October 01, 2005

Political Time

So I'm in DC and it's inspired me to write about politics again. Not really just some quick links. I will write about my awesome trip down here soon enough but for now a couple of things that are hacking me off.

1.) This horrible ad campaign I can't stand this. If you've been following my blog you know how I feel about WMD. Everyone thought Iraq had them ... Everyone! You can see for yourself here again. Read just a few of these One more link You can blast these homos here for there horrible advertisements and hiding of the facts.

2.) I'm so mad at Gwyneth Paltrow. She came out and said America is horrible and she's glad she lives in Europe. Fine go ahead and say that it's your opinion. BUT DON'T EXPECT MY AMERICAN DOLLAR FOR YOUR NEW MOVIE PROOF! I'm so mad at people for bashing us. I refuse to see it and would have otherwise. If you're extra angry you can mail Disney to complain at The Walt Disney Company 500 S. Buena Vista Street Burbank, CA 91521. Miramax is a subsidary of Disney. I hate Gwyneth.

3.) Last one for now I promise. I'm really mad at Green Day. If you haven't seen the video for "Wake Me Up When September Ends" it's of course awful. It basically portrays the military as a heartless killing machine that breaks up relationships and has no good purpose at all. The guy is blasted in everyway possible for wanting to join, they make it look selfish, and there is not one redeeming value such as SERVING OUR GREAT NATION AND FREEDOM portrayed at all. For one you can contact Green Day at Idiotclub@aol.com or you can contact Reprise Records at Reprise@RepriseRec.com It's one of their e-mail addresses. Write them like I'm going to and tell them you won't buy Green Days next CD if they continue to offend you. It takes a second and might make a difference. Just a thought guys.

I'm off to go relax a bit and thank the Good Lord that I live in a nation that's free and allows me to express my opinion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keith said...

A note to all. I'm deleting all horrible little plugs for different companies in the blogs that you see. So if it says it's deleted it means it was some crazy person that said, "Try our publishing site it's great."

James said...

Hey, try my awesome site. It won't publish anything you write.

And I agree with the crap about Green Day. They need to stop trying to be political activists and just shut up and play.

Anonymous said...

1. Democrats are morons too. Most people against the war know this. This is why a two party system will never work to bring about the America we have the potential to be.

2. Gwyenth Paltrow is a moron. Let's face it: she named her baby "Apple." I believe America could and should be much better than it is, but seriously she is an idiot. Why you even pay attention to her is pretty sad.

3. Green Day is alright. I own their latest CD which is ok, but nothing spectactular. The soliders aren't the killing machines, the politicians are. Plus a much better current Green Day song is "Favorite Son" off the Rock Against Bush compliation.

SERVING OUR GREAT NATION AND FREEDOM,

Colin

Donkey Patrol said...

Gwyneth Paltrow is a moron, and for that matter, so is just about any celebrity that feels that their opinion merits a national headline. When you think about it, everything about a movie star's life is based around the unrealistic, the contrived, the fantastic, and the sensational. From their fly by night romances to their myopic, canned America-bashing statements, the celebrity existence is to entertain us not contingent upon their lifestyle paralleling real life. When anything comes out of a celebrity's mouth, whether it's Dr. Tom Cruise purporting to have an indepth knowledge of ritalin poisoning, or Gweneth Paltrow purporting that Europe is better than America (psshhh laughable), I think it's our duty as levelheaded citizens to ignore their statements. After that, we need to illegally download Shakespeare in Love so we can see Gweneth Paltrow naked and then say, "Take THAT you dang Brit! I saw you naked FOR FREE!!". Talk about sensational.

Donkey Patrol said...

And to further fan flames that Colin and I are going to start a 'Cross Fire'esque show one day (with a live band and weekly musical guests), I believe Green Day's video directly degrades and denegrates our United States Army. Say what you will about whether we should have gone to war or not; once we are at war, I believe it is in our country's best interest to try to lay support for the people laying their lives down for the country. It seems that in the anti-war movement, the ones most willing to mock and degrade the army are the ones most ready to jump behind the army and say 'Look! There are noble soldiers dying! This is horrible!' This constant double standard, I'm assuming, probably does immeasurable damage to the morale of soldiers in Iraq who are being whored out to the Anti war movement in America: When they live, they are villified, when they die, they are counted as an unjust and invaluable loss. Green day only further fans those flames. Dissent is one thing, but their music video is outright hateful and derrogatory to the USMilitary.

And as an aside, if we're going to be supporting bands who've had their genesis on Lookout Records, chances are I'm going to throw in an OpIvy tape over Green Day anyway. Green Day can kiss OpIvy's darierre any day, true? True. And Guess who has your operation Ivy tape?!?!!?