Friday, August 05, 2005

The Final Countdown

Alright kids in a brilliant stroke of creativity I've decided to give you the countdown to the last 10 minutes of my work day. Get pumped to hear about what I do in preparation for the weekend. I'm going to attempt to honestly blog for 10 minutes so you can get a stream on consciousness blog from Andrew! Hold up...wait for it...ok go!

10 MINUTES!!

Survey the scene..I still need to fill out some small paperwork before leaving for the weekend. I swear that in my old age I'm developing adult ADHD. I can't concentrate on one thing for more than 2 minutes at a time...

9 MINUTES!

Hence, the 10 minute blog. If I tried to type consistently about one thing for 10 minutes, I couldn't do it. Typically my blogs take about 20-25 minutes to do. Why? Because I can't focus on just writnig for that long. Dang it I misspelled some stuff...this is going to take away from minute 9

8 MINUTES!

I have to take so long because I
1) misspell a ton of crap
2) forget what I'm talking about half the time
3) check Joel and Katy's blog to see if they are giving me a shout out for my awesomeness.
4) re-read my entries like 2 times each. I am really particular about how

7 MINUTES

...I come across on the internet. In the absence of personal facial expressions, correct grammar and diction is paramount! Speaking of paramount, you guys should see my boss, Jeff. The dude is a solid 50 years old, and a towering obelisk of a man. I bet if there was a train traveling at 140mph on a southbound track

6 MINUTES

...Jeff could spear tackle it and make it derail! Never mind the countless lives that would be lost and the amount of destruction that he would cause, that's so freaking hard!! The Boss is tough, and I wouldn't want to be on the broadside of a baseball bat when Jeff is wielding it

5 MINUTES!

So typing the words "X MINUTES" takes about 4 seconds to do. I don't know why I'm typing it. Crap phone...yeah that too...crap phone...too long. Here we go

4 MINUTES

The phone ringing is not something I anticipated factoring into my blog. What I'm more focused on is getting the crap out of work and going down to see the horrible Pittsburgh Pirates play 'baseball' tonight. Watching the Pirates play is, I think, equivalent to watching

3 MINUTES

...a bunch of retards running around trying tocatch each other in burlap sacks. It's utterly pointless because nothing productive ever comes of the Pirates playing baseball. But tnoight is fireworks night, so it should be a good time, I think

2 MINUTES

Ok kids it's about ready to head out. I'm being hampered down by these work clothes...and yes I did coordinate my outfit today and I look slammin'. Joel you shut your mouth. Dang phone...one minute of work and the phone rings.

3 comments:

Joel Settecase said...

Innovative! I have never thought of doing a real-time blog. But you know what? I like it, and I think I might use it. It seemed to me like the concept, when actualized, would merely produce one of those pointless, "this is what I did today" blog entries that are a dime a dozen on Myspace. But you know what? You have shown me that
1)A countdown, real-time blog can be both entertaining and informative
2)You are still far gayer than I, when it comes to clothing. Seriously man, any time you want to borrow that pirate shirt just let me know. Last time I wore it I got three (count 'em) phone numbers. And they were all GIRLS! BLAOW!!!

Donkey Patrol said...

I'm glad that you had to clarify that last statement about the Pirate shirt...that you actually talked to women while wearing it. I would just assume that you got swashbuckled by a dude wearing that shirt.

Donkey Patrol said...

Just FYI all your bloggers out there,


As a followup to the Resident Alien blog. The other day, as I became enamoured (BRITISH!) with the thoughts of how much I ued to like Spacehog, I decided to find out what happened to the band. Turns out that they broke up a long time ago, and are actually in the process of phasing out their existence from the internet! As I parused the website in vain hope of finding some updated MP3's, I did come across their merchandising page. This is what the page actually says:

"[Spacehog] is slowly making its way offline for good. Before we go, we wanted to give you the opportunity to purchase rare Spacehog items at fair prices. Consider this our final farewell, "

Being the opportunist that I am, I jumped on their offer for some good prices on merchandise. Turns out, Spacehog Inc. doesn't have a lot of items left for sale. As per Caroline, their merchandise manager, this is what she had to tell me:

"Hi Andrew,

I don't have any tshirts, but do have some other random goodies left over for sale. Give me your address, and I'll mail them to you for free.
XO
Caroline"

How sweet is that?! I'm going to get some free Spacehog stuff in the mail soon. I'll keep you all posted about how that goes and what free stuff I get. PEACE and long live the memory of Spacehog!